Trucker Huss provides a broad array of legal services that are necessary to design, implement and operate the various types of health, welfare, and other fringe benefit plans sponsored by employers and unions.
Through our work with plan sponsors, multi-employer trusts, benefits consultants, insurance brokers and third party administrators, our attorneys have acquired extensive experience advising clients on the following types of plans:
- Group health plans, including Health Reimbursement Arrangements
- Section 125 cafeteria plans, including Health Flexible Spending Account Plans and Dependent Care Assistance Plans
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Plans including California Voluntary Disability Plans
- Group Life and Accident Insurance Plans
- Long-term Care Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plans
- Severance Plans
- Wellness Plans
- Health Savings Accounts
- Commuter Benefit Plans
We assist our clients in understanding the various laws and implementing regulations that govern health, welfare and fringe benefit plans, including the Internal Revenue Code, ERISA, COBRA and the portability, privacy, EDI and security provisions of HIPAA and issues in connection with mergers, acquisitions and terminations. We help our clients design and restate their plans, draft trust agreements and summary plan descriptions, and prepare and review other employee communications.
Our attorneys have broad experience in negotiating and evaluating vendor agreements. We also represent our clients in plan audits conducted by the Department of Labor and the Internal Revenue Service.