Since the enactment of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in 2010, Trucker Huss has assisted employers, multi-employer trusts, and other plan sponsors (1) understand their obligations, (2) implement changes, notification and filing requirements,(3) prepare for legislative and regulatory changes, and (4) plan for the future. Our attorneys’ efforts have focused on:
- ACA’s coverage and reform requirements like the dependent coverage, wellness and preventive care provisions
- Employer mandate under Section 4980H of the Internal Revenue Code, including its affect on plan design and potential assessment by the IRS for non-compliance
- Annual reporting obligations of plan sponsors, including multi-employer trusts, and employers under Sections 6055 and 6056 of the Internal Revenue Code
- Keeping employers apprised of legislative, regulatory and judicial developments
- Limitations on Health Reimbursement Arrangements and Health Flexible Spending Account Plans
- Individual mandate and coverage available through the Exchanges or Marketplace, including how they affect health plan and Section 125 plan design
We provide practical advice to clients for both immediate and long-term compliance. We also assist our clients through a series of newsletters on new ACA requirements, webinars and live programs. Our attorneys also frequently speak at industry conferences and webinars on ACA topics.