Date: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Time: 9:00 – 10:00 am PDT
So much has happened since our last webinar on this topic in May of 2022! In the aftermath of the decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, some plan sponsors have adopted changes to their health plans to enhance benefits for abortion services—to various reactions from employees. Additionally, certain lawmakers (and other organizations) have sent plan sponsors letters threatening to sue the plan sponsor for violation of a state law that bans abortion—even when the employee received an abortion (or abortion medication) in a state where it is legal, but that person resides in a state where abortion is illegal.
This webinar will discuss the issues that have arisen since plan sponsors began enhancing the abortion service benefits in their health plans, such as:
• A deep dive into claims that may be brought against a plan sponsor;
• Tax issues for the added benefits;
• Whether travel and lodging benefits can be included in an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP);
• A recent federal case regarding medication abortions;
• Recent guidance regarding HIPAA privacy issues;
• Protective provisions to include a health plan that covers abortion services;
• Discussing possible issues under the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act; and
• What may come next.
MCLE Credit: This program is eligible for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit. Please contact Joe Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a CLE certificate of completion.
SHRM and HRCI recertification: This webinar is available for SHRM and HRCI recertification. Please contact Linda Belcher at email@example.com for certificates.
Materials: The materials for this presentation will be available here and circulated with the webinar reminder two hours prior to commencement.
Questions or Comments, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org