Presented by Mary Powell, Marc Fosse & Eric Schillinger
Compensation Planning for Tax-Exempt Entities: Navigating IRC Section 457(f)
Presented by MARY POWELL, MARC FOSSE & ERIC SCHILLINGER Tax-exempt employers must be aware of the unique restrictions and benefits of Section 457(f) of the Internal Revenue Code (the “Code”) when designing and administering compensation packages and programs that include supplemental executive retirement benefits, long-term incentive bonuses and severance benefits. We have designed many compensation programs for tax-exempt entities and in this webinar will share our knowledge and experience gained in order for you to adopt best practices for your programs and avoid common pitfalls.
Topics covered include:
- Code 457(f) statutory requirements and IRS regulatory guidance.
- Determining when compensation is subject to a substantial risk of forfeiture.
- Is a rolling risk of forfeiture still permissible?
- Can employees defer salary under a 457(f) plan?
- IRS Notice 2007-62 and what is “bona fide severance pay” under Code Section 457(e)(11)?
- The interplay between Code Sections 457(f) and 409A (and what is a 409A tail?).
- ERISA requirements for a Code 457(f) plan.
- Tax withholding and reporting.