DATE: Wednesday, December 15, 2021
TIME: 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM PST
PRESENTER: Mary Powell
Prescription drug costs keep escalating. What is driving these high costs? Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) are a large part of the problem. Understanding where PBMs fit into the drug pricing puzzle is key for plan sponsors.
The following will be discussed:
- An explanation of PBMs
- Basic concepts of how PBMs make money from health plans
- Fiduciary obligations related to PBM contracts and services
- How to read and negotiate a PBM contract
- How the new transparency rules under the Affordable Care Act and the Consolidated Appropriations Act provide tools for plan sponsors to negotiate PBM contracts
- Recent case law regarding PBMs
Questions or Comments: Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
MCLE Credit: This program is eligible for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit. Please contact Joe Harrison at email@example.com to receive a CLE certificate of completion.
MATERIALS: The materials for this presentation will be circulated with the webinar reminder two hours prior to commencement.