Date: April 20, 2023
Time: 9:00 – 10:00 am PDT
Presenters: Mary Powell & Alaina Harwood
It has been a long three years! The Biden Administration announced its intention to end the COVID-19 National Emergency (NE) and Public Health Emergency (PHE) at the end of the day on May 11, 2023. The Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Treasury issued guidance about the impact to health plans on ending these emergency declarations.
We will discuss actions plan sponsors should take in the near future, such as amending plans and notifying participants of upcoming changes. Topics will include:
- COVID-19 tests and test-related services
- COVID-19 vaccines
- Stand-Alone Telehealth Plans
- High Deductible Health Plans
- Mental Health Parity
- Excepted Benefit Status for Certain Employee Assistance Plans
- The end of the tolling of certain deadlines, such as (1) COBRA election and payment deadlines, (2) filing claims and appeals, (3) filing for an external review, (4) HIPAA special enrollment period and (5) certain COBRA notifications from a qualified beneficiary to the plan
MCLE Credit: This program is eligible for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit. Please contact Joe Harrison at email@example.com to receive a CLE certificate of completion.
This program is valid for 1.0 hour of PDC for SHRM-CP[SM] or SHRM-SCP[SM].
The use of this official seal confirms that this Activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Questions or Comments: Contact: Webinars@truckerhuss.com