Compensation Planning for Non-Profits and Governmental Entities—Newly Issued Code Section 457(f) Proposed Regulations Offer Clarity and New Opportunities in Designing Executive Compensation
Presented by Mary Powell, Marc Fosse & Eric Schillinger
Finally! The IRS has issued proposed regulations under Code Section 457(f) regarding deferred compensation for non-profits and governmental entities. This webinar will delve into the nitty gritty of all your questions on the proposed regulations including (but not limited to!) the following issues:
- What constitutes a substantial risk of forfeiture?
- Is a “rolling risk of forfeiture” still permitted?
- Can compensation be deferred using a non-compete agreement?
- Are salary deferral plans permitted? Under what circumstances?
- When is deferred compensation taxable? And how is the amount determined?
- What is a bona fide severance pay plan? Or a bona fide vacation and sick leave plan?
- What is the interaction between Code Sections 457(f) and 409A?
Date: Wednesday, July 27, 2016
Time: 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM PDT
Cost: Complimentary Materials: will be posted on our website 24 hours before the program.
This program qualifies for MCLE credit. California attorneys requesting MCLE credit may contact firstname.lastname@example.org after the program to request a California Certificate of Completion.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.