Lee A. Trucker
DirectorPrinter Friendly (PDF)
Mr. Trucker has been specializing in employee benefits law for over 30 years. He has written articles and delivered speeches for some of the most prestigious employee benefit organizations, including the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans, the Western Pension & Benefits Council and the Practicing Law Institute. Lee has also been a guest lecturer on employee benefits at Hastings College of the Law and has made a number of presentations for the State Bar of California and other organizations. Lee has authored numerous articles, and most recently edited a Panel Publication book on ERISA and Employee Benefits.
Lee’s experience in employee benefits is wide-ranging and includes plan design and preparation, tax planning and consultation on ERISA matters for venture capital entities. Because of his experience and reputation, he has been retained as legal consultant to other law firms and employee benefit organizations throughout the State of California.
Lee is a Charter Fellow of the American College of Employee Benefits Counsel, and is listed in Best Lawyers in America. Lee has been honored by the San Francisco Recorder as the Bay Area’s “go-to” lawyer for Employee Benefits, and has been named one of Northern California’s “Super Lawyers” by Law & Politics magazine for 2004 through 2010.
- LL.B., cum laude, 1966
Rutgers School of Law
Member of Rutgers Law Review
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 1963
- 1980 - Present
San Francisco, California
Professional Licenses and Affiliations
- Member, The State Bar of California
- Chairperson, Employee Benefits Committee of the State Bar of California, 1995-96
- President, Western Pension & Benefits Council, 2000-2002
- Member, Attorneys Committee, International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- Charter Fellow, American College of Employee Benefits Counsel
- Member, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Member, American Bar Association (member of Employee Benefits Committee for the Section of Taxation)
- Chairperson, Park School Site Council, Mill Valley
- Chairperson, Tamalpais Park Neighborhood Association, Mill Valley