Trucker Huss has geared this practice to providing advice on the legal aspects related to the compliance and administration of employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs).
The legal services we provide our clients are enhanced by our knowledge of employee stock ownership issues and the requirements of fiduciary responsibility in the implementation and maintenance of ESOPs.
We provide a full range of services to multi-size clients nationwide including:
- Amending ESOPs and related agreements
- Coordinating ESOPs with other benefit plans
- Advice to ESOP trustees
- Advising on implications of merger and acquisition activity, initial public offerings, restructurings and ownership succession arrangements
If you'd like to know more
- IRS Releases Rev. Proc. 2014-61 Addressing FSA and Transportation Benefit Limits for 2015
SONYA M. GORDON, October 2014 — On October 30, the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) released its annual inflation adjustment guidance for over 40 federal tax provisions, including annual contribution limits for tax-qualified health flexible spending arrangements (“Health FSAs”) and monthly limits for qualified transportation benefits. These and the other tax adjustment limits were covered in […]READ MORE
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Plans: Additional Windsor Implementation Guidance
On May 15, 2014, the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) issued Notice 2014-37, providing guidance concerning mid-year amendments to safe-harbor 401(k) and safe-harbor 401(m) plans reflecting the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in United States v. Windsor, which invalidated Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (“DOMA”). Notice 2014-37 follows the April release of Notice 2014-19, […]READ MORE
- New IRS Relief Allows Form 8955-SSA to be Filed Late through the Delinquent Filer Voluntary Compliance Program (DFVCP)
The Internal Revenue Service (the “IRS”) has provided relief to late annual report filers through Notice 2014-35, which allows the Form 8955-SSA, Annual Registration Statement Identifying Separated Participants With Deferred Vested Benefits, to be filed late without late filing penalties. Prior to the 2009 plan year, the information reported on Form 8955-SSA was filed with […]READ MORE